September 15, 2011

Will You Change Your Religion?

I'm assuming the moment you read that title you probably thought about Shamcey Supsup or the Miss Universe pageant recently held. Well, you're almost right. But not quite. This isn't about Shamcey Mwahmwah or the pageant, this is about the question she answered.

We all know what she answered. Whether or not you agree with her, I don't really care. We likewise know that religion is a very sensitive subject because the world has so many and more often than not, the principles of one clashes to the others'. I am Catholic. I'm not so sure if I will consider changing my religion for a reason. But if I were given a chance to choose my religion, I'd rather not have one. Religion, yes, puts flesh on our souls. But it also makes us all different on the grounds of praising the God that we believe in. With people of different religions, it is easy for conflicts to arise. If I have no religion, I also have nothing to compare to with people that possess one. But don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly fine with being Catholic. I'm just not a hardcore fan of it, nor will I be narrow-minded or bigoted because of it.

If I were the one asked if I will change my religion for the one I love, I will definitely say it wouldn't matter. Why? Both of us may have different religious beliefs, but if we truly love each other, religion won't matter anymore. Regardless of what religion we will settle for, I believe that even if the world has so many religion, I know that there is only one God. And that God is the one who made us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment