January 14, 2013

Angels of Sex

I was browsing through movies I wanted to watch for my spare time when I bumped into one called The Sex of the Angels. It got my attention primarily because of the movie poster. In an instant after seeing the poster, I knew it was interesting. I smelled something out of the ordinary so I decided to watch it (being the cinephile that I am).

At first I thought it was an Israeli movie when I jumped into one scene just to check it out. I have no clue as to why I judged that way but I was obviously mistaken when I heard them speak. Spanish.

I was taken aback by how beautiful the actors were. Their VGL level was the type that would make you want to actually marry a Spanish human being. Plus, and one of the most important, their acting was really good.

Judging by the title itself, you might think that the movie is all sex. It's not. Well, kinda, but mostly not. Even if you see a number of love scenes, you won't think that it's a dirty movie just because the characters don't exemplify the stereotypical nymphomaniacs being usually labeled by the public. They don't have that aura in the film (maybe also because of how properly attractive they are) and as you watch the film, you'll realize that they're not the kind of people who think about sex all the time.


The storyline is quite unconventional (some would think it's WTF) but if you think about it, it may actually reflect today's society (but I guess not much in the Philippines, though). It's very similar to the Korean movie I watched a few years ago Hello My Love but much more intense (considering how conservative Asians are). It's kind of a bisexual-three-way relationship. There's this heterosexual couple who are very much in love then here comes a guy who messes it up by getting involved with both of them. The epitome of the so called love triangle.

The film ended how I wanted it to. I'm tired of tragic endings. This one has none of that. Well, almost.. but it didn't happen. Just enough to tingle into your senses. They actually decided on being a stable three-way relationship because the couple couldn't stand being apart from the guy. Which is cool. Now, now. It's the 21st century but if you disagree with that, it's fine too. But yes, it's way too complicated and I think it wouldn't work out for the three of them in the long run.


No comments:

Post a Comment