November 14, 2012

The Voice Season 3 Bets


I have been a fan of the singing contest The Voice since its first season when ate Kan introduced it to me while I was in Singapore. Apart from American Idol, I think this show has more class, dignity, and great upholding to it. Well, that's my opinion and it is based from what I can observe. Agree with it or shut up.

Anyways, watching Season 3's run, I have come up with this list of favorites and as some of them may be eliminated, I'm gonna update this page. I'll be damned proud if one of them wins. (I will be putting a strikethrough at the names which have already been eliminated as the competition progresses.)



Aquile, 24
This guy reminds me of Craig David and his voice, a little bit of Eric Benét. He sings his songs smoothly and flawlessly. Aside from that, I think his voice is just so handsome. Check out Aquile's blind audition here.

[Aquile lost to Sylvia Yakoub in the knockout rounds. This is unfair, Aquile should have won. Sylvia's performance of Christina's Fighter didn't do it any justice. One does not simply sing Fighter live. I'm mad.]

Avery Wilson, 16
This guy is one of my top favorites, if not my most favorite. He is only 16 but his performance as a vocal artist is simply amazing. He's undeniably a vocal prodigy. It's crazy. He reminds me of Taio Cruz when he sang Telling the World in Rio and yes, Usher, probably because he sang Without You by David Guetta in his blind audition and he sounded a lot like Usher in many parts. Check it out here.

[Okay. Fuck. I blame his song choice and his dance moves why he lost in the knockout rounds. I admit that I was very shocked that he won't be going any further in the competition. But I'm not totally sad because he lost to Cody Belew, which I also like. That was actually also upsetting -- both of them being paired together. That was a "shit, no" moment for me. Nevertheless, Avery is still young and I'm sure he's gonna go far with his awesome talent. I'm definitely keeping an eye on him.]

Benji Kuriakose, 24
This guy is a rockstar. He did an amazing rendition of Knockin' on Heaven's Door in his blind audition. Plus, his scream at the end of the song did not, even the slightest bit, annoy me. His screams are way up there. Check it out here.

[I was surprised he lost the battle rounds because he showcased an awesome performance. I mean, that crazy scream towards the end was just breathtaking. Even the three judges agreed with me. Unfortunately, Christina didn't steal him. But that's luck.]


Charlie Rey, 21
During his blind audition singing Home by Michael Bublé, the nerves were obvious. But his voice was really good to the ears. I loved his voice. With more experience, I'm sure he will be a really good singer. He's a good-looking guy too, as Blake would say. Haha. Check him out here.

[Charlie Rey got eliminated in the battle rounds.]

Cody Belew, 27
I didn't really feel his blind audition that much but as the show went on, I eventually liked him. Plus, his one-of-a-kind reaction during his blind audition was really funny. I also have a strong feeling he's gay. Check him out here.

[He reached the top 8 and I'm proud of him. He got eliminated along with pretty boy Dez Duron.]


Collin McLoughlin, 24
I think this guy's voice is ridiculously sharp, clear, and with perfect pitch. It has no issues with it, really. His somewhat country rendition of Wild World in his blind audition was awesome. Check it out here.

[Collin lost in the knockout rounds to Michaela Paige. I always liked his crystal clear voice but he got paired up with a very young punk rocker girl in the knockout rounds and I think she made more impression in her performance than Collin.]

Dez Duron, 22
Now, this guy, he auditioned last season but didn't get in (most probably because of the song choice). That time, I already liked him so I kept an eye on him. I have been a fan for over a year now. When I found out he auditioned again and finally got in, I got really excited and happy for him. His blind audition was one of my favorite Blake moments. Check it out here.

[Although I believed in Dez, I think he was able to reach top 8 mainly because of his star quality. But he's a singer, just not the best out there. I'm sure a lot of fans will be keeping an eye on him.]

Diego Val, 25
This Peruvian awesomeness has a great cool voice. I have no idea why only one judge turned around for him (barely) because I thought his performance in the blind auditions was really good, not to mention blending in a twist of Latino to it. Hot. Check it out here.

[Diego got eliminated in the first week of the live shows. He was not saved by America nor his coach Cee Lo. Diego kissed Cody when Cody was saved by Cee Lo. Bromance at its finest.]

Joe Kirkland, 24
This band boy reminded me of Simple Plan, Sum 41, and almost all other bands I listened to when I was just a young teenager. He also made me feel listening to The All-American Rejects at some point. I love his rocker aura when he sang Gives You Hell in his blind audition. Check it out here.

[I was really mad to see Joe got eliminated in the knockout round! I mean, his rock version of Taylor Swift's Mean was awesome -- major concert level! But oh well, all coaches turned around for Bryan Keith in the blind auditions so I'm not gonna argue. I guess I liked Joe more because he's youthful and charismatic. Not fat, *coughs* Haha, kidding.]

Julio Cesar Castillo, 21
Initially, I liked the strength of his voice. But what made me like him is because I enjoyed his La Bamba in his blind audition. He also did a bit of Mariachi with El Rey. Check it out here.

[Julio was not saved by America nor his coach Blake in the first live show week.]

Kayla Nevarez, 17
This girl reminds me so much of JoJo and Jasmine Trias. I loved JoJo back then, and I still do. Her voice is just as awesome as a simpler version of Stacie Orrico yet a strong one. Check her blind audition here.

[When she got paired with Joselyn Rivera in the knockout round, I was kinda confident she'd win. But watching their performances, Joselyn's Love on Top by Beyoncé was just amazing. She reached those difficult high notes through and through, while Kayla kinda being safe with Shark in the Water. So, even if it was a little bit upsetting seeing Kayla go, I felt Joselyn really deserved it.]

Melanie Martinez, 17
This gal is one of my top favorites. I was really impressed with her very unique rendition of Britney Spear's Toxic. She has a strong and sweet, kinda dramatic voice. I like it a lot. Plus, how awesome is playing two instruments at a time? While she played the guitar, she was softly kicking her tambourine down at her feet. Check it out here.

Michelle Brooks-Thompson, 28
I was very impressed by her flawless, strong, and astounding performance of Proud Mary in her blind audition. She reminds me of the other big black African-American mommas who love to belt out strong diva songs out there. Check it out here.

[I was shocked she lost over Amanda Brown in the knockout rounds. She kicked butt with Jennifer Hudson's Spotlight. That solid high note towards the end was unbelievable. She even made Christina shake her head in awe.]

Terry McDermott, 35 [2nd Place]
I adore this guy's voice, let alone his vocal range. It's incredible. It's like if he were already famous, I really think he could be one of the greatest musicians in the world by now. If he goes far, I'm pretty sure he's gonna be a legend in the future. That's how good he is to me. He reminds me so much of classic rock musicians and bands like The Beatles, Journey, Queen, etc. This guy is just awesome. I'll be damned if this guy doesn't win the whole competition. Check out his rendition of Maybe I'm Amazed here.

Trevin Hunte, 18 [4th Place]
At a very young age with his strong vocal ability, he may just go far. His performance of Listen in his blind audition was stellar. Check it out here.

Cassadee Pope won the third season of The Voice. Terry McDermott, my most favorite, came in second. Honestly, I also like Cassadee. She's really good but I think Terry was way better. He should have won. Unfortunately, Cassadee's genre was more mainstream and more people are into it, unlike Terry's classic rock. But oh well, I'm pretty sure Terry's gonna make it big because he is just and amazing singer.

1 comment:

  1. to get such word obtainable in littler amounts, their payment menstruum of 14- 30 years.

    With our lend help that much of the word incipient in the UK.
    A portion conduct When pecuniary resource get mingy at the fourth dimension pair for imperative vocalist climb day loans online and call up
    utilization for online loans to
    get much loan uncommitted in elfin amounts, their defrayment catamenia of 14- 30 years.
    With our give assistance that about of the word earliest
    in the UK. A small indefinite quantity take When funds get
    stiff at the prison term move for minute vocalizer kick upstairs payday
    loans online and call up application for
    Also visit my web blog online loans

    ReplyDelete