September 30, 2012

Charice All The Way

To be honest, I am not a very huge/avid Charice fan. I am just a fan. I am just another person who is undeniably amazed by her talent and looks up to her as a performer. I am not a fan just because I'm Filipino, rather I am a fan because she is simply phenomenal.


Apart from so many other fans of Charice all over the world, I already knew and appreciated her since she joined the singing competition Little Big Star. Only the viewers of that show knew her but for me, I was already astounded by her brilliant singing ability. Despite that fact, she didn't win the competition and placed third apparently because she didn't possess enough sophisticated "star quality" that the people liked, on the other hand, about the one who actually won. I was devastated and could not believe how the competition was poorly judged.

The start of Charice's break was when she got noticed by the world through her YouTube videos and got invited by huge personalities like Ellen Degeneres and the Oprah to their massively popular shows worldwide.

I am very proud of her achievements not only because she's immensely talented but also because she is one of the few Filipinos who are popular worldwide and waves the flag of our nation. She is one icon who tells the world Filipinos are talented people.

Today, Charice remains in mainstream television but I noticed that ever since she somehow changed her image and disposition towards what she does, to the public and the media, more and more people had negative things to say.


Even if that's the case - a lot of people disagree (rather than respect) and negatively criticize her especially about her new image, I won't defend her. I will never rebut any criticisms being thrown at her no matter how exaggerated and bloated they are. No matter how unreal the statements are, as a fan, I will remain nonchalant. I will let them talk all they want because who cares. She's brilliantly amazing as she is. That's enough reason for me to say "Charice all the way!"


1 comment: