September 23, 2012

I Can Hear You

There have been a lot of times when I was having a conversation with certain people and I had to make them repeat what they just said because.. Well, not that I didn't hear them, I just wanted the statement to be clear to avoid misunderstanding or misinformation. I hate those downfalls.

Ergo, this is an announcement - a very informal announcement to all, especially to those who have had the misfortunate circumstance to experience this kind of situation with me and might think that I am slow-minded or dumb, that I am not deaf. I ain't deaf. My hearing is not impaired. Please take a moment to absorb.

There are times that when a person speaks and is directed to me, I can hear what is being said, but there are some words that definitely sound gibberish, hence my plea for clarity. Perhaps because the word was not properly pronounced, I was not in my full attention, or simply because the word is alien to me. You can't blame me. I just hope you wouldn't think I'm a freak. I'm not. No offense to freaks.

I strongly believe that my hearing is still in great condition, I just don't know if it's still perfect. I don't think so. Well, who knows. I haven't had it checked. Don't argue. Stahp.

Come to think of it, I might just be deaf. A deaf that can hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment