January 28, 2013

The Lonely Island: YOLO

While I was watching the latest episode of Saturday Night Live last night hosted by Adam Levine, I got to see another super cool digital short by The Lonely Island featuring Adam himself and Kendrick Lamar. I have been a huge fan of Andy Samberg since I forgot when that's why I was a little bit devastated when I found out that he was leaving SNL and will no longer be a part of its 38th season after 7 years.

I badly missed Andy in SNL that I just had to watch his movies like That's My Boy and Celeste and Jesse Forever, and seeing him back with the other two The Lonely Island members in this episode was just euphoric.


I didn't want to miss this episode because, come on, it's Levine. And for the nth time, he was again wearing his 600-dollar plain white shirt that had holes resembling famished rat doings and is extremely shabby - something that you give to the homeless. That shirt is all I literally see him wear even in his rehearsal sessions in The Voice.

This was another good episode, but with Adam in it, I expected more fun. I wasn't quite satisfied, frankly speaking. But what I really liked was the digital short with The Lonely Island. It becomes a lot like legit with Adam doing the chorus. It's a YOLO mockery and I loved it. Check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment