October 30, 2012

BIG BANG: The Best Concert Night of My Life (So Far...)

Okay, I don't want to sound overly enthralled by this whole thing but it was just amazing. Experiencing a major concert of the idols of your fandom life is one of the best moments you can experience. That's just how it felt - GRAND.

A month before the concert, I found out over the internet that my idols of almost 6 years, BIG BANG, will be having a concert tour in my country, the Philippines. I was filled with joy inside. I wasn't a hundred percent sure that will definitely be able to go, though. But after a week of mild discernment, I immediately bought a VIP ticket, the most expensive ticket I have ever purchased yet.

I became more and more nervous, anxious and at the same time excited as the date approached. I wanted everything to be perfect because it was a rare and golden opportunity. Then the fateful day came.

I went to SM Mall of Asia Arena and fans from all over the country were there, mostly fangirls rummaging and screaming, most of the time for no reason at all. There was even a fan who came all the way from India. Talk about obsession.

As everyone fell in line, it felt unnecessarily hot and of course, really stuffy. One of the main reasons why I bought a VIP ticket was to avoid these kinds of situations because frankly, I become very uncomfortable with it. Surprise, I felt mobbed. So yeah, that wasn't really something I was happy about. For consolation, at the main entrance, everyone finally got sorted out.

Just being near the stage, and seeing the huge concert building from the center was just breathtaking. Before the concert started, some of the members teased the audience with their subtle appearances from behind the stage. Of course, screams and shouts were trending. I almost felt my eardrums burst the entire time. Then it started.

The show lasted for almost 3 hours including the unnecessary talks and encores. I was starstruck mainly by T.O.P even if I am team Teayang. He had an enigmatic yet captivating aura seeing him in person. Daesung was jolly as usual, Seungri being childish, Taeyang (who eventually ripped his shirt off) being awesome and hot, and well, the snobbish GD.

All I can say is it was an amazing show and the overpriced ticket was worth it. This was the first time I bought a VIP ticket for an international concert. That's how much I love these guys. I'm not a religious follower of K-Pop anymore but they were one of the first artists I loved when I was just starting being a K-Popper.

Someday, these guys won't just be like, meters aways from me performing, but chatting with me over coffee or something (even if I don't drink coffee) or perhaps pigging out over Bulgogi and Kimchi? Haha.

I will forever be a VIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment