August 24, 2011

Ever Heard of Profundity?

Heads up, I'm not making this post because I love it but I do think Angeline is a very talented singer. This is not necessarily to criticize her party or anything for that matter but merely to express insight.

I was supposed to make an entirely different post from this one but this apparently made my day so I'm not gonna waste my time, shut up and publish it. Swag.

Last night, a friend asked me if I knew this song which had really amusingly ridiculous lyrics. I didn't know/haven't heard. He told me the singer was the one who sang the recent song with the word "pangarap" in it. I figured it was Angeline Quinto.


This morning, as I was listening to a certain FM radio station, a song played. "May gusto ka saking mahal. May balak kang agawin sya." With just those two lines, I was already like, "WTF? What's up with these lyrics." Then I immediately remembered what my friend asked me about. Then I figured it was this song.



No offense (but I do know it's gonna be kind of offensive) but I think the lyrics have 0% profoundness in them. Just like what my friend said, it's awkwardly straightforward and extremely understandable to the point of artistic and poetic sacrifice.

Many people may not mind that but when I heard it, I literally smirked with disbelief. For a serious song, the lyrics are very inappropriate. However, I recently discovered that this is only a revive, or a remake, whatever goes. The original artist would be Jeremiah. 1990s. I was like, "That explains everything."

Many people can relate to the song. No questions. The overall arrangement, melody, and musicality are quite good. But writer of Rebecca Black's songs, is that you?

We all know we can make anything we like. No arguments about that. But He didn't say "Go to the world and create bullcrap." (Now that was just mean, that was so not me.)

2 comments:

  1. julz,dre gad kami pareho spelling hit name..natawa nman aq..hahaha...mine is so unique..aq lang ung may name na ganyan ang spelling..i think.. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha. :P That was pretty cool, toytos! This made me laugh so hard. XD Don't worry,you have all the right to say that. hehehe. You just have this high regard for music.. :))) and we perfectly understand that. :)

    ReplyDelete