December 7, 2012

Do the Opposite

I just had a long superfluous chat with my friends earlier about things happening as young adults, if you know what I mean. When I checked the fridge for something to scoff up before bedtime, this random thought popped into my mind.

I found a Double Overload (Double Dutch & Rocky Road) ice cream in the freezer. That was one of my favorite sorbet flavors. I knew that eating that ninety-nine was a mistake because I had a cough. As far as I was taught, eating or drinking cold stuff when your throat is not in a good condition will just make it worse.

While I was consuming the ice cream, ironic things were running through my mind. First, it reminded me of people in the past that I have heard saying you have to fight the things which your physique considers to be enemies. Like for instance, you have allergies with nuts. In order to fight off the allergy, all you have to do is to eat as much nuts as you can until your body allows itself to become immune to it.

Perhaps I was just thinking that because I was being rational about eating ice cream whilst having a bad throat. Also, I think that that was a terrible comparison since fighting off allergies and making a minor illness worse are two immensely different situations.

On that note, I realized that despite the logical philosophy of making yourself immune from things that aren't necessarily in agreement with your nature, what I should do is just to prevent it. I should do the opposite. I shouldn't make it worse. I think that'll be much better.

But towards that conclusion of my realization, I found myself having the last scoop of the ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment