December 16, 2012

Yiruma's Impromptu


I finally got myself a copy of my ultimate favorite pianist Yiruma's latest album, Stay in Memory. I have been a huge fan of Yiruma for so many years, since Kiss the Rain and River Flows in You, which are some of my all-time favorites.

As usual, listening to his beautifully made pieces just puts me in a very soulful slow-motion dream. They just captivate the wholeness of me, especially my favorite ones.

Speaking of favorites, my favorite track in this album (which I cannot stop listening to) is the 5th one, Impromptu. I have no idea why the track is called as such but I'm guessing this one's special. Perhaps Yiruma made it in a snap, spot-on, and it turned out just prefect.


The first time I heard the track, my heart melted. The first few notes made me fall in love instantly. It's a magical piece. It puts this positively melancholic tender burst of happiness not only into my ears but through my entirety. Although I already tried, words cannot express how I feel towards this song.

This will of course go to my favorite Yiruma tracks playlist and the replay button will definitely die an unending death.

No comments:

Post a Comment