December 4, 2012

iTunes 11 Fail


I knew there was a reason behind why I kept ignoring the iTunes update notification. My gut was subconsciously telling me that the new version would suck. Fine, the interface is great but that's useless if you can't use the software conveniently.

I am very upset about my iTunes right now. Why? Simply because it doesn't let me search media on my device via the search bar (which supposedly is its major purpose). It only searches the library and the iTunes store, NOT your own device. Rather stupid, ain't it?

Dear Apple, have you really thought this update through? I'm beginning to believe that you only want to show the world you are able to release frequent updates that's why you have this but sadly, the efficiency of your services are being taken for granted. Love, a concerned, annoyed, and extremely disappointed consumer.

See, every time I use my computer to play songs on my Apple devices, I always use the search bar to get to the song that I want to play. Now, not being able to do that would be fine if all my devices only had a few songs in them (which would be dumb, really). But no, like for instance my iPod Classic where I put ALL of my songs from all eternity, that thing has over 6,000 songs in it. How the fuck am I supposed to easily browse through all of those if I can't just type a keyword? Tell me a good solution for that Apple and I'll let this slip.

I desperately hope you realize this huge mistake and release a new version soon acknowledging this failure. Fortunately, this is free so it's highly impractical for me to go to the extent of suing you, coincidentally giving Samsung a favor. Oh yes, I mentioned your archenemy. By the way, it's Korean. I love Koreans.

You can argue with me all day bickering about your point but I'm afraid that's gonna be stalemate because there is no way in hell I'm gonna get my ass beat up by your shitty excuses.

Earth calling to the brilliant Apple software developers who just proved themselves to be dumbasses by this time (no offense). If you, by any meager chance be able to read this post, I would really appreciate it if you'd do something about this. I wouldn't have done this if your products were cheap. Thank you.

PS. I still have my iTunes 10 point something installer. I'm gonna uninstall this current crap and have that installed again. I strongly hope it works because if not, I will have you know that my rage for you will worsen.

[12.20.12 Update]
The Apple software developers have read my post (I think) and in the recent iTunes version release, they acknowledged this downfall. I can now search my devices' contents using the search bar (although not entirely - the albums list does not narrow down to what I search for, but that's fine I think I'll be able to deal with that for now).

Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. I hate iTunes 11 as well but I had the same problem with searching what is on your device until I worked it out.In my case it was an ipod,I clicked on ipod then you look at the top and you'll see tabs on top and I think it's the last tab on right which gives you the list of songs on your device.The whole thing is a BIG FAIL and it's not easy to go back to 10.7,I am so annoyed and it's nearly February and still no fixes or missing functions to download.

    ReplyDelete