November 24, 2012

Cibo Series: Kimchi


Kimchi is the national food of Korea. Before I even got into K-Pop or be interested about Korea, I have already encountered Kimchi. I think that was in my early teens while I was in Manila and I saw my cousin eating some then I was like, "What the heck is that?"

At first, this dish and I had a rough start because come on, it's cold vegetable and the flavor was entirely new to me. But as a leafy vegetable lover, I have grown to love Kimchi because it is made of radish, cabbages, and other similar things. I also am a spicy food enthusiast that's why the flavor and I eventually became friends.

I have seen many Korean films and soaps that feature how Kimchi is made, among other stuff that it is useful for. You can really see how Koreans give great importance to it not only as a national dish but also as pride of their nation.

For those of us who do not live in Korea, indulging to too much Kimchi may be a bit too pricey. Perhaps it will be much cheaper to learn how to make it. Here is a video to show how it is done.


No comments:

Post a Comment