November 27, 2012

My Second Ink 10.23.12

It's almost been a year since I got my first tattoo and right after then, I have always wanted more. This is a ridiculous thought but I don't think I will ever stop getting these body arts unless half my entire bag of bones is already covered with it. Cocky.

Having good tattoos is a luxury mainly because it can be very costly. And with good, I mean getting it in a quality tattoo parlor, with professional tattoo artists, and which are certified by the government health department to be clean and safe. With these two small tattoos alone, I have already spent about five thousand pesos. How much more if I decide covering my whole back?

When I was younger, I always felt bleak towards the idea of having tattoos. I was literally scared of them, let alone people who have massive amounts printed all over their bodies. I always said to myself that I won't be putting dirt to my good skin. But as I grew up, I realized how it meant to different individuals being inked. People do change.

Despite the fact that I crave getting needle carved, I was not entirely reminded to have another tattoo until I realized I was in Galleria where Gene Testa Tattoo was located. I actually went there to have a date with a close friend when suddenly, amid our random chat and out of an unplanned spur, "Come with me, I'm getting another tattoo," I calmly said. Then just a few floors away, we went there, me being unsure of what was happening.

When the tattoo artist asked me what I was getting, I didn't actually know what to say (that's a good enthusiast right there, doesn't have a clue what to get on session time). However, back when I got my first one which was Korean, I immediately thought of having Japanese the next time. So I did. This one was a lot more painful than my first primarily because it had fills and for crying out loud, the tattoo artist gave it a second coating. The skin where it is situated has become a mild keloid. I love it.

The funny thing was, I actually wanted it to be three Kanji symbols - Love, Money, and Happiness. These three words were the result of a random out-of-boredom game posted on Facebook. Arranged in a crossword-like style, the first three words that one will see are the three things they want in life. Those three words were the ones I got. It actually made sense for me perhaps because it's true that I want and need those three things to stay in my life. But unfortunately, I decided on getting the Love one for the meantime because my mom, who loves me very dearly, might not recognize me anymore.

Another funny thing was, the day after was Big Bang's concert and I had a fresh tattoo. I have no idea how I was able to deal with that. I guess I was distracted enough by the sheer excitement.

Apparently, Gaara from Naruto and I share the same tattoo, only that his is red and located on the forehead. I was like, "Shit, you're right" when a friend pointed that out to me.

As soon as I get the unnecessary funds, my whole body will hold a tattoo festival. Teehee.

No comments:

Post a Comment