November 25, 2012

My Lion King, The Musical Experience



When Laila, one of my bestfriends and I went to Singapore for vacation, we had the chance to watch a real live musical of The Lion King. Even before we got into the country, ate Jaren, Laila's cousin already told us that we will be watching it. I almost died of joy.

The Lion King was one of my best childhood movies, if not the most memorable. Even as a child, I was deeply moved by the film. Having able to watch it live was an amazing experience.

Held at one of the theaters of the internationally acclaimed Singapore landmark and tourist destination Marina Bay Sands, we had to, at least dress appropriately. All kinds of races from around the world were there and everything was just so posh at the event venue, nothing like any production the Philippines can ever afford at this time. Hehe.

At the start of the musical, I was already wonderstruck. I found myself running out of small breaths mainly because I was extremely overwhelmed. I then kept my cool as I tried to keep up with the breathtaking moment. Towards the end of the musical introduction, I caught myself letting go small amount of tears. I couldn't help but tell ate Jaren how thankful I was for the opportunity.

Every other unnecessary feeling I had at that moment voluntarily shut down to keep my focus as I savored the majestic moment. I almost did not wink the entire show just to be able to convince myself that everything was perfectly absorbed.

Before this, I also got to watch a Lion King musical in Disneyland but that was more of a fun and child-oriented kind of show. The production and performance were also world-class but it was a part of the park amusement so it was brief and less given importance. Unlike this one in Singapore which was kind of an independent production that's why it was a lot longer and way better.

When the show ended, I felt contentment and happiness fusing together inside my guts. I realized that even I was a musical or a theatrical play fan, some productions like this one can really make you feel entirely different from what you've already experienced or from what you're already expecting.


1 comment: