November 16, 2012

Taylor Swift's Red Review


From the moment I got my own copy of Taylor's album entitled "Red", I listened to it right away. I have been waiting for this new record two years now, dammit. Haha. I was so excited for this, and now it's here! I love Taylor to death.

Now for my review!

[These ratings may change in the future because there are times that as I listen to songs, how I feel about them sometimes changes. But not like, drastic change, of course.]

01. State of Grace (5/5)
02. Red (5/5)
03. Treacherous (5/5)
04. I Knew You Were Trouble (5/5)
05. All Too Well (4.5/5)
06. 22 (4.5/5)
07. I Almost Do (3.5/5)
08. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together (3.5/5)
09. Stay Stay Stay (3/5)
10. The Last Time (3/5)
11. Holy Ground (3.5/5)
12. Sad Beautiful Tragic (3.5/5)
13. The Lucky One (4/5)
14. Everything Has Changed (5/5)
15. Starlight (4/5)
16. Begin Again (4/5)
17. The Moment I Knew (5/5)
18. Come Back... Be Here (3.5/5)
19. Girl at Home (3.5/5)

Overall Rating: 4.1 out of 5.0
My most favorite track on the album is "State of Grace." The original version has an upbeat pop-rock accompaniment but the lyrics just sways upon it smoothly. It has simple words but the construction makes it dramatic and the same time, feel-good. On the other hand, its acoustic version is like a completely different song because its feel is entirely new. It's very subtle and really good to listen to. Both versions are really good.

The track "Red" just wanna make you rock out. It somehow suggests a kind of bitter touch in its lyrics yet it doesn't seem angry.

I was really excited with the track "Everything Has Changed" which features Ed Sheeran, which I am also a huge fan of. Alas, this song which they wrote together is just fantastic. You can really notice that it has an Ed Sheeran touch to it. It's like a song that Ed Sheeran would include in his own album.

I also loved the track "I Knew You Were Trouble." It's an upbeat song, pop-rock-ish in the chorus and kind of a whimsical yet serious song. Meanwhile, the track "22" is a fun song. It's meant to be played where there are groups and crowds. The chorus just wants to make you rock out and dance.

When I listened to the track "The Moment I Knew," I was deeply moved. The feeling was very much like when I listened to "Dear John" in the album Speak Now. These two songs actually brought me to tears. The songs' messages are almost the same and the deep feeling it gives is also alike. But as I was listening to the lyrics, it's as if it's a sad sequel to Taylor's song (which is one of my most favorite Taylor songs) "Enchanted" in her album Speak Now.

Overall, this album is really good. I love it. However, right now, I still find Speak Now much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment